pedanther: (Default)
[personal profile] pedanther
. Our production of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe has come to a successful conclusion. As is traditional, there were parts of my performance that I felt I was only just getting the hang of in the final show. I wasn't entirely sorry to put it behind me; it was a production with many challenges, but at least we can say that on the whole we responded to the challenges by bonding together and working for the good of the production, and we can be happy with the results.

I'm not going to be in the next production, unless something unexpected happens. I wasn't sure if I'd be up for starting something else immediately after The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and I ended up putting off deciding until it was too late.


. At the weekly board game meet, we played The Mind and Hidden Leaders.

In Hidden Leaders, there's a contest with four possible outcomes, and each player is secretly in line to benefit from two of the four. The aim is to bring about one of your preferred outcomes without being too obvious about which outcome you're aiming for: you don't want players who don't share that aim to undermine you and achieve one of their aims instead, and you don't want players who do share that aim to have enough warning that they can build up their reserves to beat you in the tie-break and steal the victory.

We played two games. I did pretty poorly in the first one, but in the second I managed to camouflage what I was doing, achieved my aim, and narrowly won the tie-break (against a player who had also camouflaged himself well enough that I'd had no idea he shared my aim, while the player who I'd spent the entire game worrying about beating in the tie-break turned out to have had two completely different aims, and had been pretending an aim he didn't have as part of his camouflage).


. I bought a Humble Bundle of city-building games. Only about three or four of them actually seem interesting to me, but there's one in particular that would have been good value for the price all by itself, so having two or three others as well just feels like a bonus.


. The long-running webcomic Darths & Droids has ended after nearly twenty years, during which time it has idiosyncratically recreated all nine of the main Star Wars movies and several of the side stories. It was originally planned to run about half that long, but the Disney Star Wars trilogy kicked off before they'd finished their version of The Return of the Jedi and they decided to keep rolling with it. It's an impressive achievement, and it's going to feel weird not checking for new pages every week.

Date: 2026-09-25 09:22 am (UTC)
ariaflame: Sombrero galaxy (Default)
From: [personal profile] ariaflame
I'm not fond of games like Werewolf, secret hitler and Hidden leaders. Not my idea of fun. I've played Mind though, have you played The Gang?

Date: 2026-09-27 12:25 am (UTC)
igenlode: The pirate sloop 'Horizon' from "Treasures of the Indies" (Default)
From: [personal profile] igenlode
I've never actually *seen* "The Phantom Menace", apart from being vaguely acquainted with elements of it via pop culture, whch possibly makes me the ideal audience for "Darths and Droids", being in the same position as the players (or possibly not, as I rely on the notes to pick up on what is actually so stupid as to be canon and what is being spoofed :-p)

At any rate I ended up binging 124 episodes of it before I managed to tear myself away.... ;-)

Profile

pedanther: (Default)
pedanther

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   12345
6789101112
1314 1516171819
2021222324 2526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 08:04 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios